Saturday, May 5, 2012

PIDP-3240 Enhanced Media Course

Week #2

This week has started off with a flurry of work and reading. I was catching up on all of the materials required for reading in Option B. I was able to develop my idea for the first assignment section with Web 2.0 tools. I started looking for articles to collect but didn't find any that were recent yet.

I spent some time reviewing the past technology blog pages to get an idea of the types of articles that were  used. Most of the time was organizing my thoughts with my Web 2.0 tool.

On Wednesday, the week went for a series of very different turns with respect to family life and work. I finally received the offer letter for a position that I applied for in SAIT and am very pleased to announce that I am the new academic chair for the engineering design and drafting technology program. I am super excited. The same day, my father in-law collapsed at Foothills Hospital and had to be revived with CPR.

The rest of the week went by super fast and I'm not sure that I have too much to show for completed tasks. I am completed the Web 2.0 tool section of the assignment and need to look for technology articles. I will test the remote access system for VCC as well as SAIT and hope to bookmark some articles this weekend. At this point, I feel that I am somewhat ahead of my workload.

During the week, the group members had communicated to me through the day time to check in our ask simple questions. It has been great to bounce questions off of Mark in Prince George, to check in and check my progress on web technology and resources.

Just a last note, my father in law is on a ventilator and requires constant monitoring for his heart and kidneys. He has recently had a heart attack and went into complete renal failure. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment